[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Residential Habilitation and Support Services” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_separator color=”custom” el_width=”60″ accent_color=”#33715c”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Residential Habilitation and Support Services, also known as RHS, is a service that is available to people with developmental disabilities through the following funding sources: CIH Medicaid waiver, FS Medicaid waiver, Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS). RHS provides staffing supports in a person’s home and the community to help the person acquire, improve and retain skills. A person’s own home can mean living with family, living in an apartment or home with housemates, or living anywhere where there is a lease in place.

Individualized Services
RHS is an individualized service that is designed to meet the needs of the person. The agency providing RHS must comply with a person’s individualized plan, called the ISP. RHS can include the following supports, based on a person’s wants and needs as outlined in the ISP:

  • Staff supervision and monitoring
  • Skills training
  • Assistance with personal care
  • Assistance with meals
  • Transportation
  • Coordination of healthcare needs
  • Assistance with community participation (shopping, errands, leisure and recreation)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” css=”.vc_custom_1491758438909{background-color: #c7b277 !important;}”][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Frequently Asked Questions” color=”custom” accent_color=”#ffffff”][vc_toggle title=”Q: I am the parent of a person with a developmental disability. Can I provide RHS to my child?” custom_font_container=”tag:h4|text_align:left|color:%23ffffff” custom_use_theme_fonts=”yes” el_id=”1484270933243-3bdc77b3-f749″ use_custom_heading=”true”]

A: There are certain rules about providing RHS services if you are the parent, step-parent or guardian of a person. If the person is a child (17 years old oryounger), you cannot be paid to provide RHS. If the person is an adult (18 years old or older), a parent, step-parent and/or guardian can provide up to a combined 40 hours per week of RHS.