[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Community Habilitation and Support Services” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_separator color=”custom” el_width=”60″ accent_color=”#33715c”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Community Habilitation and Supports, also known as community habilitation, is a service that is available to people with developmental disabilities through the following funding sources: CIH Medicaid waiver, FS Medicaid waiver, Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS). Community habilitation provides services outside of a person’s home that support learning and assistance in the areas of: self-care, sensory/motor development, socialization, daily living skills, communication, community living, and social skills. Community-based activities are intended to build relationships and natural supports. This service can be provided on an individual basis or in a group, depending on what is authorized within the person’s plan.

Individualized Services
Community habilitation is an individualized service that is designed to assist with the acquisition and retention of skills in the following areas:

  • Leisure activities and community/public events (i.e. integrated camp settings)
  • Hobbies
  • Unpaid work experiences (i.e. volunteer opportunities)
  • Maintaining contact with family and friends

Training and education in self direction designed to help participants achieve one or more of the following outcomes:

  • Develop self advocacy skills
  • Exercise civil rights
  • Acquire skills that enable the ability to exercise self control and responsibility over services and supports received or needed
  • Acquire skills that enable the participant to become more independent, integrated or productive in the community
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” css=”.vc_custom_1491758761536{background-color: #c7b277 !important;}”][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Frequently Asked Questions” color=”custom” accent_color=”#ffffff”][vc_toggle title=”Q: Can I use community habilitation to provide staffing to me while I am working?” custom_font_container=”tag:h4|text_align:left|color:%23ffffff” custom_use_theme_fonts=”yes” el_id=”1484270933243-3bdc77b3-f749″ use_custom_heading=”true”]

A: No, community habilitation cannot be used for this purpose. Workplace Assistance would be the appropriate service in this situation.